Assistant General Manager
At Peter Piper Pizza, the Assistant General Manager contributes to the execution of Peter Piper Pizza’s operations standards by ensuring ourguests receive a high quality experience; including providing outstandinghospitality, quality products, a clean environment and coaching/developing TeamMembers, Certified Trainers, and Team Leads.
Join the Peter Piper Pizzafamily where we provide career and growth opportunities. We are committed toupward mobility within our organization, as 70% of our management team iscomprised of internal promotions. As we expand into new markets. theseopportunities will also grow. Peter Piper Pizza is also a “Work Today, GetPaid Tomorrow” employer.
· Minimum 18 years of age (Must be the agepermitted by local law for selling, ringing up, checking identification, andserving alcohol)
· Must have a high school diploma or GED orequivalent combination of relevant education and experience
· 2 years of management experience (preferably withinthe restaurant or hospitality industry) or equivalent combination of relevantmanagement and industry experience
· Basic computer skills
· Assist the General Manager to ensure theprofitability of the restaurant through various means, including, but not limitedto sales, control of labor costs & food waste, etc.
· Assist the General Manager with recruiting,interviewing, hiring and on-boarding new Managers and Team Members to meetbusiness needs
· Train, coach and develop entry-level managers andteam members
· Open and close the restaurant by following theappropriate checklists
· Ensure all managers and team members adhere torules, regulations, policies, and procedures
· Maintain a safe working environment for all managers,team members and guests
· Model and reinforce guest hospitalityexpectations
· Assign daily tasks to entry-level managers andteam members and follow-up
Essential Job Functions and Work Environment:
· Must be able to lift or carry objects weighing0-50 pounds during scheduled shift
· Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, reach,push/pull, walk and squat during scheduled shift
· In addition to the essential job duties statedabove, the ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others,including guests and co-workers, are essential functions of the job. The workenvironment includes flashing and
flickering lights, moving mechanical parts,and loud noises
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In 1973, founder Tony Cavolo debuted his flagship Peter Piper Pizza inGlendale, Arizona, which remains in operation to this day. Since then, ourhumble pizzerias have evolved into large scale restaurants featuring dining,entertainment and carryout, with more than 140 locations in four U.S. statesand Mexico. We take pride in delivering an unrivaled guest experience, bringingtogether family and friends over great food and fun—something we call “GreatGatherings.” Peter Piper Pizza restaurants have broad family appeal, with amodern design and layout, an open kitchen revealing much of our handmade foodpreparation, the latest technology and games, and beer and wine for adults. Ourculture embodies our brand values of food, fun and family, with a commitment tomaking every guest visit memorable. It’s no wonder that Peter Piper Pizza wasrecently ranked #2 among the top 50 U.S. pizzerias in sales per unit. [2015Pizza Power Report, PMQ Magazine]
Peter Piper Pizza offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental,vision, life, disability, and 401(k)retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overallemployment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * *
At Peter Piper Pizza, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diversebackgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As anEqual Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due torace, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexualorientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability,pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or localprotected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background checkand drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.