Peter Piper Pizzeria is the newest concept from Peter Piper Pizza, an established brand in the Southwest that for 50 years has been committed to providing quality pizzas made on fresh, house-made dough daily in a laid-back atmosphere featuring an arcade area that the whole family can enjoy.
Peter Piper Pizzeria brings delicious stone-baked pizza through a one-of-a-kind Rotoflex oven to Kansas City – a city of pizza lovers – offering a new approach to the local pizza scene.
Our signature red stone-bake oven is at the heart of our kitchen, and we roll our hand-tossed and pan pizza doughs every day in every restaurant.
Using only the freshest ingredients, Peter Piper Pizzeria also offers handmade appetizers, salads, pasta, sandwiches, and desserts – all served in an energetic and exciting atmosphere combined with a gaming area featuring selected arcade games that guests of all ages will enjoy.
At Peter Piper Pizzeria, the Shift Manager contributes to execution of Peter Piper Pizzeria’s operations standards by ensuring our guests receive a high quality experience; including providing outstanding hospitality, quality products, a clean environment and coaching/developing Team Members, Certified Trainers, and Team Leads. Internally this position is known as Operations Manager.
Join the Peter Piper Pizza family where we provide career and growth opportunities. We are committed to upward mobility within our organization, as 70% of our management team is comprised of internal promotions. As we expand into new markets like Kansas City, these opportunities will also grow as we are committed to additional restaurants. Peter Piper Pizza offers access to earned wages with our NEW “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” program. Don’t wait between paychecks anymore!
• Minimum 18 years of age (Must be the age permitted by local law for selling, ringing up, checking identification, and serving alcohol)
• Must have a high school diploma or GED or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
• 1 year of supervisory, lead or training experience (preferably within the restaurant or hospitality industry) or equivalent combination of relevant supervisory, lead or training experience and industry experience
• Basic computer skills
• Open and close the restaurant by following the appropriate checklists
• Ensure the profitability of the restaurant through various means, including, but not limited to sales, control of labor costs & food waste, etc.
• Model and reinforce guest hospitality expectations
• Train, coach and develop Team Members
• Ensure all Team Members adhere to rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Maintain a safe working environment for all Team Member and guests
• Assign daily tasks to Team Members and follow-up
Essential Job Functions and Work Environment:
• Must be able to lift or carry objects weighing 0-50 pounds during scheduled shift.
• Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, reach, push/pull, walk and squat during scheduled shift.
• In addition to the essential job duties stated above, the ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others, including guests and co-workers, are essential functions of the job. The work environment includes flashing and flickering lights, moving mechanical parts, and loud noises.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More than 40 years of food & fun…
On November 28, 1973, Anthony “Tony” Cavolo, a WWII veteran and Brooklyn, NY native, opened his first Peter Piper Pizza in Glendale, AZ. Tony’s vision was a neighborhood pizzeria serving high quality food at reasonable prices, in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Since opening, our humble pizzerias have evolved into large scale restaurants featuring dining, entertainment and carryout, with more than 140 locations in four U.S. states and Mexico. We take pride in delivering an unrivaled guest experience, bringing together family and friends over great food and fun—something we call “Great Gatherings.” Peter Piper Pizza restaurants have broad family appeal, with a modern design and layout, an open kitchen revealing much of our handmade food preparation, the latest technology and games, and beer and wine for adults. Our culture embodies our brand values of food, fun and family, with a commitment to making every guest visit memorable.
Peter Piper Pizza offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. Peter Piper Pizza is a “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” employer.
* * *
At Peter Piper Pizza, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.