Come join the FUN at Peter Piper Pizza!! We have an immediate opening for an Area Technical Manager. This is a great opportunity to take that next step in your career – and we are a Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow employer!
The Area Technical Manager’s overall function is to supervise and assist a team of gaming technicians repair games for assigned store locations. Ideal candidates might have experience in arcades, bowling alleys, casinos, restaurants, residential multi-unit maintenance, HVAC installs/repairs, auto repairs, or the military.,
• Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
• Lead and indirectly supervise a team of technicians.
• Participate in the interview and hiring process of potential employees.
• Inspect and verify all preventative maintenance on games, rides, and play parks.
• Support restaurant technical managers to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
• Conduct quarterly store inspections to determine quality and safety of all entertainment equipment.
• Train and develop all Technical Managers and General Managers in assigned store locations
• Gather and evaluate P&L data to further enhance store revenues.
• Establish a timeline to determine and track monthly project completions
• Contribute to increasing vending sales by maintaining ticket controls, token controls and superior game performance.
• Maintain parts inventory.
• Complete other tasks, projects, and job duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-4 years of supervisory or management experience.
• Multi-unit restaurant or retail experience required.
• Complete work and projects within established company timelines.
• Foster positive business relationships with internal staff and external business partners.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to recognize any issues or barriers and offer solutions.
• Travel within assigned area.
About Peter Piper Pizza:
In 1973, founder Tony Cavolo debuted his flagship Peter Piper Pizza in Glendale, Arizona, which remains in operation to this day. Since then, our humble pizzerias have evolved into large scale restaurants featuring dining, entertainment and carryout, with more than 140 locations in four U.S. states and Mexico. We take pride in delivering an unrivaled guest experience, bringing together family and friends over great food and fun—something we call “Great Gatherings.” Peter Piper Pizza restaurants have broad family appeal, with a modern design and layout, an open kitchen revealing much of our handmade food preparation, the latest technology and games, and beer and wine for adults. Our culture embodies our brand values of food, fun and family, with a commitment to making every guest visit memorable. It’s no wonder that Peter Piper Pizza was recently ranked #2 among the top 50 U.S. pizzerias in sales per unit. [2015 Pizza Power Report, PMQ Magazine]
At Peter Piper Pizza, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions